Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nope, I'm not your baby, honey, sweetie or sugar...

With my new outlook, I keep finding myself falling into the same pet peeves and wonder why? Turning 30 flipped a switch in my main compartment. I feel like I have gone from the girl who cared about what everyone thought about her to the girl who feels strong enough on her own. (Well, mostly on her own- the occasional advice and help from a good friend is never turned away).

For the most part, I try not sweating the small stuff as past literature has advised. Then all of the sudden, I find myself freaking out over terribly minor offenses. I feel like I should be growing out of these pet peeves, rising above it, finding that deep soothing breath and all that jazz. So, in an effort to avoid a freak out, I thought I would blog about some of my pet peeves followed by some loves because that's just how I roll...

Drama crazy people - I am so over you. If inclined, I favor an escape over into Bravo land for an hour with the housewives of the OC or NYC. I have never been one to thrive on drama, but I'll admit to enjoying a a ringside seat in the gossip arena from time to time. An innocent, casual bystander kinda seat that is. Nothing real. Nowadays I turn out of the drama spin and care less about what people think of me and more that they see me for who I am. Cliché of mountains and molehills, drama-rama lovers I have three words for you. Get over it.

****People who mistreat their dogs or pets in general. Not just because I am a vegetarian and yes I fully admit that my Pug is spoiled with a capital '"S." But leaving your dog in a crate in the bed of your truck on a chilled rainy morning so that you can get your Sunday coffee and paper read on at Starbucks is not okay.

What I love is when people train their dogs as therapy dogs- giving a furry paw-reach out to those in need. Or those who run groups on Meetup that allow dogs and their owners a chance to get out and play together, like my friend Cathleen.

****Terms of endearment from people who I do not and will not ever know other than for our brief moment in passing... not a fan. Drivers who almost pass a car backing out, wanting said spot, that then back up themselves blocking the said car and forcing the line of cars behind them into a chaotic mess. Dude, you passed it- it's no longer yours.

Getting a sincere thank you from a stranger, for changing their life - love it. Running an errand for my parents so they can enjoy a little more of the retired life- love them, love helping out.

I posted the "loves" because I think that it is important to see the good things that are happening. Learning how to let the good stuff trump the pet peeves, is a daily lesson for me and a reminder that evolving as a person is a constant learning process. What are your pet peeves?

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks!!

    Pet peeve: People who talk on cell phones while driving--NOT hands-free! They are endangering my precious cargo who is in the car with me, and I have ZERO tolerance for them!

    What I love: Good friends who write fun blogs I can keep up with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh- that is a good one Cathleen!

    ReplyDelete